Sunday, December 21, 2008

Time for me to join Renee in this blog

Greetings All -

I'm the "advocate" that received the emails from the address of Palm Beach Sheriff's Deputy Ira Peskowitz, though I don't call myself an advocate. I consider myself an outreach worker, story keeper, listening ear, and resource provider for victims of officer-involved domestic violence. I accepted Renee's invitation to participate in this blog as a contributor today because it is 6 days after making my first police report and already it's looking like my family's safety is a priority to neither Deputy Peskowitz's agency's Internal Affairs Department, nor to my local law enforcement agency - the Tacoma Police Department. Tacoma police told me if he bangs on my door to call them, and Palm Beach told me nothing at all. I've asked Palm Beach if they could let me know if Peskowitz is taking any days off, etc., but never received a reply.

I understood the seriousness - regardless of how brave I had been feeling - once I found myself ducking behind a tall metal file cabinet in my own living room, mentally checking the possible shotgun trajectory paths through my home - trying to estimate if any of them could hit family members. That episode was triggered by something as simple as a car parked in front of a neighboring vacant house. So that's how I'm living. Vigilant ON TOP of my post traumatic stress disorder. Lord, keep me steady.

I'm keeping good notes. speaking often with knowledgeable folks, STUDYING THE LAWS, and open to wisdoms from others.

I am also still hoping for the best from law enforcement. I don't know why, but I'm trying.

There are so many bad people with badges on my Behind the Blue Wall blog that are similar to one another in how they operate, but Deputy Peskowitz doesn't blend in. No other still-employed officer that I'm aware of has been accused of terrorizing so many fellow law enforcement officers.

It's a brain bender no matter which way I turn the questions.
Here's an interesting blog post on the CYB3RCRIM3 blog, written by law professor Susan Brenner:
"True Threat" - "...It involves another defendant who was charged with using the Internet to transmit a threat in violation of section 875(c)..."
[POLICE OFFICER INVOLVED PERPETRATED DOMESTIC VIOLENCE LAW ENFORCEMENT]

No comments:

Post a Comment